placenta encapsulation services
The placenta is a one-of-a-kind organ: made cooperatively by you and your baby, the symbol and product of your relationship. For the duration of pregnancy, it works to nourish and support the baby by facilitating transport of nutrients and oxygen, as well as producing progesterone, the hormone that tells your body to stay pregnant.
After the birth, this primary purpose is complete, but the placenta is still useful. As evidenced by Traditional Chinese Medicine as well as modern pharmaceutical & beauty product companies, the placenta contains components that are beneficial to the human body. And who better to benefit from this powerhouse organ than the mama and baby who worked together to grow it? There's a sweet completeness to taking the placenta and returning it to your body, where it will help you recover from pregnancy and birth, and if you are breastfeeding, it will continue to feed your baby as well!
Benefits of Postpartum Placenta Medicine
- Improved mood with reduced incidence of postpartum mood disorders; this is sometimes described as mellowing out the highs and lows, or resuming the ability to cope with emotions. Interestingly, many clients (and their partners!) report being able to tell a difference if they miss a pill.
- Speedier, more thorough recovery.
- Increased milk supply.
- Raised iron levels, preventing or alleviating anemia. This is important for anyone who just had a baby, but especially for those who bled a lot and those who tend to be anemic all the time.
Available Forms of Placenta Medicine & Services
- TCM (Traditional Chinese Method) Placenta Encapsulation: The placenta is dried, powdered, and put into capsules (you choose size and type) This form is best for use during the weeks following birth, for evening out hormones, improving mood, and facilitating recovery. I generally include the dried umbilical cord as a keepsake unless clients request it be omitted
FEE: $200.00, includes one prenatal visit or phone consult, on call for 1 week around your 'estimated' due date, 2 visits for encapsulation in your home, my own supplies for high standard preparation, cord preservation & photos of your placenta and one postpartum visit. *additional items may be added to cater to your needs*
RAW Placenta Encapsulation: The RAW method of preparation skips the heating and herbal process altogether. The placenta is still sliced, dehydrated and ground into a powder for the capsules. Raw food activists believe that steaming the placenta destroys some of the essential nutrients. Using this option provides a burst of energy upfront and great hormone stabilization.
FEE: $195.00, includes all above services as referenced in TCM package.
OR, Choose Both Options:
If you are curious about experiencing the energy burst from the raw method but would also like to benefit from the tried and true traditional method, I can do both for you. Some women would like the option of cutting a few small pieces of raw placenta to use in smoothies for the first week. We can discuss this within our consultation to deem what works best with your unique situation.
- Placenta Tincture: The medicinal qualities of the placenta are extracted into alcohol for long-term preservation. Some people like having a placenta tincture for use months and years after the birth, with menstrual difficulties or menopause. These tinctures are also wonderful for your child, for times of stress or especially when they reach monarch, and can help them through the transition into womanhood. FEE: $75.00
- Placenta Smoothie Cubes: These are bite-sized chunks of placenta, sometimes frozen for use during the first few days after the birth, to improve energy and promote recovery after a traumatic birth or large blood loss. FEE: $50.00
Other services: Placenta Smoothie, tinctures, salves, keepsake prints & cord dehydration (included free of charge in packages) can all be accommodated according to your wishes.
as with all services i provide full spectrum care. therefore, my services are available on a sliding scale. i want to be able to provide for all women regardless of your income, so please don't hesitate to contact me so we can negotiate a price in which works for us both.
*please contact me for specific questions regarding packages, services and calendar availability. fees and extras can be negotiated if included into a package
2014 Full Circle Placenta Training